Thursday 16 April 2020

Work in progress

Two posts in a week suggests I need to get out more - but when?

My days currently consist of around 10 hours plus at my desk working and then evenings of a few hours of painting but with complete social isolation in force I have few distractions in the evenings. I have given up watching the news - 10 minutes a day is enough to get what you need before it feels like Groundhog day.  My wife has taken to observing people's studies and lounges - The Health Secretary's study (I assume) looked like the downstairs loo - that is where most of us put old School photos.

Thank you for Classic FM and audio books or the silence would be overwhelming.

My only other comment before reverting to what I was posting about is once this is all over and we have thousands of ventilators in warehouses and enough PPE for every person in the UK, where we will find the thousands of Psychiatric nurses we will need to adjust to normality again?

Work continues on my Napoleonic saga with the Irish Legion just finished and in basing - I put the flags on after varnishing.  These are for the Peninsula - so around 1809 and thus brass buttons and not the silver of 1812 - important detail.

Currently working on a Polish Foot Battery (1812) - guns pretty much done and crews underway.  Preparing the next battery - Wyndhams Rocket Troop at Waterloo.  Using Warlord (my British are all Front Rank and painted by Don) which are a bit smaller but a nice set - had to use the pictures posted on the website to build it - quite straight forward apart from the supporting triangle struts which needed some encouragement to attach to the launcher (actually a ladder).  Need to work out how to paint the guy who is half way up the ladder as he has no base to fix to the holding tin.

All keep safe and well.




Used ipad to take these pictures, appears to be better than the iphone.


3 comments:

  1. Twice in a week. Simply stunned. Like the Irish Legion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Spain my boy, Spain! Second battalion underway soon. Then onto the Legion de Midi - brown uniforms!

      Delete